- Handmade item
- Materials: Acrylic, Metal, Wire, plastic, CNC router
- Ships worldwide from Brooklyn, New York
- Vacuum form acrylic
- Created with a CNC routed high density foam formwork
- Versatile, modular system
- Designed and fabricated by Ralph S. Steenblik
*Only style 06 is shown in the images.
Sonata panel was both inspired by, and uses, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata as a design impetus: it exudes the idea of visual music. The sonata metaphor is played out in six interchangeable, tile-able translucent panels with nearly infinite panel configurations, creating a unique composition in one’s space. The Sonata panel's versatility allows use as an artistic lighting element on one’s wall, as a singular chandelier, or as a tiled ceiling light fixture that works with an existing office ceiling grid. The design and fabrication of the panels employ the latest technologies and cutting edge materials to accomplish the sculpted forms that seamlessly connect to create ones personal visual music.